White Sapphire Engagement Ring Definition & Benefits
A white sapphire engagement ring is thought to bring good fortune, protection, and spiritual insight to the wearer. In this way, it may play a key role in creating a fruitful marriage. Since it carries a pure energy for clarity, it provides you with an open mind throughout your marriage as well.
The “white” hue of a white sapphire often imitates the look of a diamond. However, the sapphire is much less expensive. Due to the cost and sturdy nature, this stone makes a smart alternative to a costly diamond.
When white sapphire gets a bit dirty, it may lose a small amount of its refraction. However, cleaning the stone will return its sparkle.
White sapphire is part of the Corundum family. A pure stone is free of chemicals and has no color. This gives the gem its clear tone.
White sapphire comes in a number of grades. Completely clear stones are quite rare, which gives them a higher value. Even though clear white sapphires look like authentic diamonds, they have a lower price.
The cost of a white sapphire depends on its color and clarity. The average cost for a carat of white sapphire is approximately $730. In contrast, the same size of diamond may cost thousands of dollars. This is why many couples choose white sapphire for engagement jewelry.
White Sapphire Engagement Ring Meaning & Symbolism
What Does White Sapphire Stone Symbolize?
White sapphire is often linked to Venus, the planet of love. This gem is the embodiment of beauty and partnership. Also, it is a stone that is thought to bring financial success and strength. Many times, it is given to a person who needs a boost in reproductive health, which helps a married individual start a family.
What is White Sapphire Used For?
A white sapphire is often used as an alternative to a diamond in a piece of jewelry. This stone is hard and resists many kinds of scratches, so it is a desirable gem for your engagement ring. Its appearance is very close to a natural diamond, but its lower price satisfies more people’s budgets.
Is White Sapphire Better Than Cubic Zirconia?
Cubic zirconia is created in a laboratory. White sapphire is a natural stone. White sapphire rates harder on the Mohs scale, which mean that it will better resist scratches. Also, cubic zirconia may lose its color over time and begin to appear dull. White sapphire never loses its brilliance.
Is White Sapphire Good for Jewelry?
When cut correctly, white sapphires look just as brilliant as diamonds. Also, they are quite hardy. They are used in a number of jewelry settings, including engagement rings.
White Sapphire Engagement Ring Cleaning & Care
Can You Shower with White Sapphire?
It is deemed safe to wear your white sapphire in the shower. However, you should make sure to use a gentle soap or body wash.
Can You Wear White Sapphire Everyday?
White sapphire rates a “9” on the Mohs hardness scale. This is only one level below the hardness of a diamond, which means that white sapphire is sturdy and should not fall victim to scrapes or chips. Thanks to this hardness, it is safe to wear during normal everyday activities.
How to Clean White Sapphire:
There is no need to clean your white sapphire with a special cleaner or polish. The following steps should have your gem looking its best.
1. Place your white sapphire in a bowl that is filled with warm and soapy water. Make sure to use a gentle soap.
2. Let the ring sit for up to 20 minutes.
3. After the time elapses, you can lift the ring. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to
rub away stubborn grime.
4. Rinse the ring with warm water.
5. To avoid water spots, dry the gem with a soft cloth.
6. If the stone still appears cloudy, you can repeat the washing cycle. It is possible to add a bit of ammonia to the water.
White Sapphire Engagement Ring Authenticity & Quality Checks
How to Tell if White Sapphire is Real
- Examine the Stone for Flaws. Since white sapphires are made by nature, they will include some small blemishes. Fake gems will not show inclusions, but they may have traces of air bubbles.
- Breath Test. Breath on your white sapphire stone so that it fogs up. Then, count how long it takes to go back to normal. A real stone should clear in one or two seconds. A fake gem will take longer.
How to Spot a Fake White Sapphire Engagement Ring
- Check for Scratches. If the white sapphire has visible scratches, it is probably a fake. Authentic stones are quite durable. They will not damage easily.
- Look for Inclusions. If you notice that there are air bubbles trapped in the stone, it is probably fake.
Are There Lab-Grown White Sapphire Engagement Rings?
A lab-grown gemstone shares almost all the chemical, physical, and optical traits of a natural one. Since it is possible to control the creation process, the final stones usually have less inclusions than natural ones. Almost all gems are available in lab-grown states. If you are searching for a “perfect” amethyst for your engagement ring setting, you certainly should be able to find one.
Are There Lab-Grown White Sapphire Engagement Rings?
Many gemstones are created under laboratory conditions. They contain the same characteristics of their natural counterparts. However, the controlled conditions usually result in clearer stones. If you are looking for a lab-grown white sapphire engagement ring, you should easily uncover a piece that fits your needs.
How to Tell if a White Sapphire Engagement Ring is Quality
1. Check AAA-Rating. Like other gemstones, white sapphires are graded on appearance. High-quality stones are given a rating of AAA. This represents the top 10 percent of available stones and brings the brightest and clearest tones.
2. Color. If the rating is not available, examine the stone’s color. A quality stone will be very clear and include few blemishes.