A natural diamond jeweler is a jeweler who deals exclusively in natural diamonds, rather than lab-grown diamonds.
Most of them are! They should acquiesce to the standards and best practices laid out in the Kimberly Process along with the Golden Rules for responsible gold mining:
1. Respect basic human rights outlined in international conventions and law
2. Obtain the free, prior, and informed consent of affected communities.
3. Respect workers’ rights and labor standards, including safe working conditions
4. Ensure that operations are not located in areas of armed or militarized conflict
5. Ensure that projects do not force communities off their lands
6. Ensure that projects are not located in protected areas, fragile ecosystems, or other areas of high conservation or ecological value
7. Refrain from dumping mine wastes into the ocean, rivers, lakes, or streams
8. Ensure that projects do not contaminate water, soil, or air with sulfuric acid drainage or other toxic chemicals
9. Cover all costs of closing down and cleaning up mine sites
10. Fully disclose information about social and environmental effects of projects
11. Allow independent verification of the above