Lab-grown diamond engagement rings have become extremely popular in recent years. Clean Origin promises to provide a less costly, socially responsible way to enjoy a real diamond without the guilt of a naturally mined “conflict diamond.”
So, what makes Clean Origin’s inventory better than other companies selling lab-created diamonds? Well, I wanted to take a closer look at the company and the products.
|Clean Origin||Check Prices|
I am ordering one of their ring settings & loose diamonds separately, so I can examine the stone outside the setting to gauge its light performance. This is a pre-test review until I receive my order and have time to thoroughly inspect it.
Below is an analysis of Clean Origin’s products from my GIA Jewelry Professional’s perspective. This will help you decide whether you should buy an engagement ring from Clean Origin!
Price & Quality
On average, the savings for a lab-grown diamond are about 15-30% comparing to similar naturally mined stones. I was impressed with how well Clean Origin keeps down their prices while still maintaining such a high quality.
One thing to note when buying a man made diamond, is the bulk of the savings comes as you go above 1.5 carats. They say on their website their price-per-carat is $3,240 for a 1.54 carat diamond, and $7,700 for a 2 carat. This is around 50% savings compared to some other online jewelers.
As the lab-created diamond industry’s technology improves, so should the prices. It has notoriously been difficult to manufacture larger diamonds, so right now it seems there is a slight bottleneck in that regard.
Their selections are pretty standard, and it was easy navigating their website to find what I was looking for.
Here are the current inventory stats from what I’ve seen:
- Loose Stone Quantity: 3,585 lab-grown diamonds available
- Setting Style Quantity: 140 different setting styles
Their metal types were also pretty standard including:
- 14k White Gold
- 18k White Gold
- 14k Yellow Gold
- 18k Yellow Gold
- 14k Rose Gold
I especially appreciated the rollover affect of each loose stone which highlighted the diamond cut proportions. These proportions will help you pick a brilliant, scintillating diamond if you follow the following “idea cut” proportions:
Table Percentage: 53%-60%
Depth Percentage: 60%-63%
- Clean Origin offers a 100-day return policy – which is absurdly good and much better than the typical 30-day policy I see.
- They do offer re-sizings, but they request you:
“please retain your original certificates and related materials. To avoid security issues, please do not write anything on the packaging that could be used to identify its contents. “
Who Should Buy?
You should buy from Clean Origin if:
- You want a less expensive engagement ring while still getting the quality of a prestigious diamond jeweler.
- Your loved wants a 100% conflict-free diamond.
- You want to support this innovative trend of socially responsible and eco-friendly diamonds.
- Great prices & 100% conflict free.
- 360-degree videos on most products.
- Transparent pricing.
- Diamond cut proportions are easily visible.
- The demand for their stones is huge, so there is less quantity available.
- No discounts.